Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Seriously?

Last night Craig and I got a craving for for Jack in the Box so we decided we were going to head out for some drive thru. We got the kids in the car but when Craig started up the Yukon it was running really rough. Craig pulled out the manual and looked up what the warning light on the dash meant -- Misfire. Crap. He popped the hood to look at the engine and what did he see? A LIVE SQUIRREL!??!! He tried coaxing it out but it wouldn't budge so we went and got a bucket of water and dumped it right on the engine. The squirrel ran for its life. He then got a better look at where the squirrel was and there it was... the stupid thing chewed through the wires leading to one of the cylinders. My poor car was only running on 7 cylinders and that was why it was running so rough.

We were really frustrated so we decided to change cars and still head out for dinner. Good thing we did too because it was so GOOD! :) We decided it was totally worth it. Today we took the car into a dealership, and they will get it fixed today. It was supposed to be an easy fix but of course the stupid squirrel chewed through the wires at exactly the right point where it will require NEW parts. I was really worried about being stuck here when Craig was gone without my nice, big SUV. It is a total pain squeezing the car seats into the back of Craig's Honda.

What kind of luck do we have? I read a horoscope for this year and it said "this is not your year"... maybe it was right! Blah!

2 comments:

Shugee @ Blue Heron Cottage said...

Okay, you know how I feel about squirrels.

You know lovey, what is especially funny about this? In high school on my car I had a bumper sticker that read; "I brake for squirrels."

sarah jones said...

How Random...that is so funny and so annoying at the same time.