Friday, February 20, 2009

Being a Stay-at-Home Mom

I often hear people say that being a Stay-at-Home Mom must be so easy and great. Well, I can honestly say that I have never done anything this hard in my whole life. I absolutely LOVE my "job" and hope that I never have to do anything else when my children are young, but it IS hard. I read this article a long time ago but recently found it on Facebook (thanks for posting it Joan!) and wanted to put it here for those who think that our job as a stay at home mom is so easy.

(Click on image to make larger)

I am so lucky that we are able to afford for me to stay home, I would be miserable doing anything else. BUT, it is not easy and I know I can speak for all my other stay at home mom friends in saying, we sacrifice a lot and we give up almost everything for ourselves to do it. But, we wouldn't have it any other way. :)


4 comments:

Jason said...

God bless you, Annie. Your kids, one day, will realize what you're sacrificing for them, and that will be a blessed day.

Also - the time and love and attention you are giving to your kids outweighs (in my opinion) anything you could possibly buy them with the extra money you could be making.

Keeping the dream alive - through our wonderful children.

Shugee @ Blue Heron Cottage said...

Annie, this is a great post. Beyond great. There's so much I want to say.

First, the article is unforgettable. I love it so much. Your children won't ever maybe even completely know how much love and sacrifice you give them but when you look at them one day parenting their own children; it will be a joy beyond joy. You are appreciated beyond expression of words. You are intelligent, have so much to give and skills beyond length of this comment section and your children only benefit from all the untangible caring love you give them.


We love you so much.♥

Stephanie Root said...

oh my gosh, i can't even handle babysitting one kid for over an hour. i can't imagine all the hard work and sacrifice you moms do on a daily basis! you are a great mom and it shows!!

Steph said...

I love this Annie. Thanks for sharing.