Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Yay for milk delivery!

Last week we signed up for a weekly delivery of milk and other dairy products from a local organic company here in Denver! We got our first weekly delivery this morning and Emma was so excited. Last night she went with Craig to put our order form in the box on our front porch and when she got up this morning she thought it was magic that there was milk, cheese, yogurt, chocolate milk and eggs in our box. So cute!

The milk is only two days from the cow when we get it so it lasts for at least two weeks and it is completely organic as it has no growth hormones or antibiotics from the cows. Since we have two milk drinkers now (not including Craig) we thought it was best to give them the best quality we can. I bought Emma Horizon organic milk for the longest time but then gradually switched to regular store brand milk. She never cared but I can't help but wonder about all the other "stuff" in products these days. Recently I read an article that says that the average age of puberty among girls is NINE years old now. That is WAY younger then it used to be and the thought is that it is because of all the hormones in our milk and meat products. I don't really want that to happen to Emma.

The cheese, yogurt, chocolate milk and everything else is free from all those hormones too since it is made with organic milk. It is just a little pricier too, not as much as I thought it would be. And you can't beat that it is delivered to your door step by 6:30am every week!! That is pretty nice! The eggs are also from free range chickens so those are considered organic too. Pretty neat!



She LOVED that there was food on our front porch!


She wanted to open the milk as soon as we got it inside. All day long she has been asking for "white milk" and she won't drink anything else. I guess it tastes good!

2 comments:

Craig said...

I love our milk delivery too!! I think Mommy should try some of the new milk and lead by example :)

LOML

Shugee @ Blue Heron Cottage said...

It is more than fantastic that the family is supporting a local organic farm!!!