Friday, March 6, 2009

Our bad luck continues :(

I got home early Wednesday morning from our trip to Texas. In the afternoon I went to pick up a package that was trying to be delivered while we were gone and then went to the grocery store. When I got home both kids were really tired so I got them ready and put them to bed. I went out and unloaded the groceries and decided that I was too tired to do the rest and left all the stuff from our trip in the car. Our garage is still full of stuff that used to be in our house, that doesn't fit in our house now, so we have been parking in the driveway.

My mom called early Thursday morning and as I was talking with her I went outside and noticed that the passenger side window of my Yukon had been broken out and was laying on the ground. Seriously, what MORE could happen to us? I peeked in the car and saw my diaper bag and my camera sitting on the seat so I though maybe it was windy the night before and maybe a tree branch and blown into it or something. I came in and called our auto insurance and started a claim. While I was on the phone with the insurance company, the bank called and said that someone had found my debit card on the sidewalk on the other side of town. Great. It is now clear that someone used a crowbar to break my window and steal my purse. Since we had just been traveling my purse had EVERYTHING in it. I had all my credit cards, checkbook, drivers license, military ID, social security card, a FULL memory card from my camera and miscellaneous other things. If that wasn't bad enough I also had both kids birth certificates and social security cards in there since I needed them at the airport. This royally sucks!

When I called to cancel all my credit cards I was told that the person who stole my purse had already used one of my credit cards at a gas station not too far away at 4am. Why did this have to happen when I was home alone with the kids? My insurance company offered to get me a rental car but since I don't have a drivers license anymore they couldn't get the rental car company to give me a car. The glass company is coming today to replace the window. Then I can go to the DMV and get a temporary license to help with some things.

On a positive note -- I am SO thankful that whoever was out there with a crowbar didn't try and get in the house. I was alone with the kids and shutter to think what could have happened. I am also so thankful that they didn't steal more since there was much, much more to get in the car. I decided to drown my sorrows in a box of Cadberry Cream Eggs (yes I ate all 4 in one day) which is especially ironic if you read my previous post.

Here's to hoping things get MUCH better soon. Craig comes home tonight after being in Texas for two weeks so that is really much better already. The kids are so excited that Daddy is coming home!


4 comments:

Stephanie Root said...

oh annie that sucks!!! that happened to me while we were visiting in chico. except i think we left our car door unlocked! somebody stole my backpack that had my wallet, laptop, textbooks, phone, and camera!! we had to scramble to get some form of ID to get me on a plane back to hawaii. but it's funny that the worst feeling is that somebody could do that! if you need anything, give us a call!! love you and good to hear craig is coming back tonight!

Unknown said...

Annie!! I am so sorry! Don't you just hate life sometimes??!! At least you are staying positive, hold onto that! What if he would have tried to come in the house?!! So scary!
Everything will be better when Craig comes back. Hubbies just have a way of making you feel at ease and protected. We need eachother! I hope everything gets settled soon. Love you all!

Steph said...

Oh Annie, I am so sorry. That is very scary! You must just feel violated. What a jerk.
I wanna do p90x with you...I'm gonna go read about it.

Jason said...

That's crazy, Annie. I'm just glad you and your children were safe inside. Your attitude amazes me.

Take care.