Thursday, July 3, 2008

YUM! Chicken Caccitore

I decided to try this crock pot recipe a couple of months ago and have made it a couple of times now... and it is SO GOOD! It has yet to turn out bad. And the best part? It is a low cal Weight Watcher meal! Serve it with whole wheat pasta and your favorite veggie and you have a great meal! I love my crock pot and always look for new recipes to try but this one is by far the best, we just ate it again last night... it also makes great leftovers!

If you feel like giving it a try here ya go:

Cheaters Chicken Caccitore

6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce

2 green bell pepper, seeded and cubed

8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced

1 onion, finely diced

2 tablespoons minced garlic

Put the chicken in the slow cooker. Top with the spaghetti sauce, green bell peppers, mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. Serve!

Yield: 5 Servings

Calories 283, Protein 37g, Total Fat 5g, Sodium 742mg, Cholesterol 82mg, Carbohydrates 21g, Fiber 4g


I usually leave out the peppers since we aren't fans but I add olives, diced tomatoes and more sauce since we like things saucy :) And I cook it on high for four or five hours and the chicken is perfect!

I have tons (and I mean like over 100) Weight Watcher crock pot recipes if anyone wants more!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Yuuuumm..I'm so trying this. Thanks for sharing-I love crock pot meals.