Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July!

We had such a fun time this 4th of July! We went to see the fireworks in the local town and were very pleasantly surprised! We didn't have high expectations since it is a small farming town but they did a great job. When we got there we were walking to the bouncy houses for Emma Claire but she made a mad dash straight for the stage where the band that was playing. She was a good distance from us but she didn't care, she just parked herself right in front of the stage and danced to every song! It was so cute. They played all the patriotic songs during the fireworks, which Emma calls "Fireplaces" :)

So sweet!

Dancing with her glow sticks!

Owen got a glow stick too! :)





Today, the family came over to have a BBQ and go to the festival our housing community was putting on. The fireworks tonight were amazing and much better than any other fireworks we have ever seen. We had a great time. I decided to make the Fourth of July cake by Barefoot Contessa even though it it quite an ordeal. I am SO glad I made it! It turned out great and tasted amazing. The cream cheese frosting is by far the best we have ever had... probably because it has a whole POUND of butter in it but it was worth it!

Anyway, hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I am so thankful for everything that we have and the country that we live in. I hope everyone takes the opportunity to thank those who make this country what it is and who make all the sacrifices for our way of life. Happy Independence Day!



Barefoot Contessa's Fourth of July cake... YUM!

Getting a ride from Uncle Branden!

Showing the bracelets she got from the Girl Scouts...

Finger painting in the backyard!

She took hand prints of everyone!

1 comment:

Steph said...

You are such a cute mom Annie! I love the handprint idea-how fun! It looks like you guys had a great 4th! That picture of Craig and Owen is SO precious. Emma Claire is the most photogenic little person I have ever seen. She looks so much like both you AND Craig, what a good mix. :)