Saturday, July 26, 2008

Happy 4 month birthday Owen!

Today we gave Owen his first taste of FOOD! Yay! Well, in reality Emma gave Owen a bite of her Otter Pop the day before, so his first food wasn't the single grain cereal with bananas that I gave him but a frozen sugar stick Emma calls a "pot stickel" :) We were at my parents for our weekend family get together and I decided that it was time to let Owen give food a try since he is now 4 months old. He did SO great and really, really liked it. Emma tried feeding him some but seemed to gag him with the spoon more than anything. I won't be giving him food regularly until around 6 months but he has shown that he is ready for food for some time. He loves to grab food off our plates and intently watches us as we eat. He has his 4 month appointment on Tuesday so I will update with his stats then. I bet he is close to 18 pounds now!

He also getting semi-mobile. He does what most people call the "army crawl" but Craig refuses to call it that so we call it the "low crawl" which I guess is a Marine term. He basically pulls his body along with his arms while pushing with his toes. It is pretty cute.
Right after he tasted the food, he got SO excited!!

Emma trying to feed Owen... So Sweet!! Look at how he is looking at her! :)

He liked it so much he wanted to lick the spoon!

Our little family!

2 comments:

Stephanie Root said...

love the pictures! glad to see owen so big and so healthy! miss you guys!

Unknown said...

What a big boy! What a good big sister! Love the pic of you guys! Your skin looks amazing Annie! It is glowing, you are glowing! Very cute pic! :O) Can't wait to see you guys! Love, love, love you!