Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Kids are so funny sometimes...

Today when I put Emma down for her nap she insisted that she be able to take these little balls with her, that my mom had given her over the weekend. Granted they are only about an inch or so each but there are like 20 of them. I told her she could have one and she took that to mean she could take one color. So we headed upstairs to her room with her three purple balls. I have gotten Owen on a schedule where he will take his long afternoon nap at the same time as Emma but today I got a little off and didn't get him to sleep before I went up with Emma. I put him in his swing and thought he would just pass out. Not the case of course, it is just murphy's law... He just cried. I hurried through putting Emma down and closed her door and ran downstairs to take care of Owen. Not 5 minutes later I hear Emma start crying hysterically so I put Owen back down (who is still crying) and rush up there. What was wrong?... She dropped her balls down the side of the bed! She was so upset over those stupid balls! I found two of them and told her that was all of them but of course she knew there was one more. I swear that kids has the worlds best memory! We went through this same problem two more times before she finally fell asleep! Why she had to have those balls is beyond me! She is so funny.

Another funny thing she did today... We were driving home from the store and she was playing with this toy (a giraffe head on the end of a candy container) the whole way home. All of a sudden I hear her start saying to the giraffe "Don't do that!" "I told you not to do that, now go sit on the naughty stair!" "Get over there now!"

WOW! I thought she never listened to me but I guess she does. What the giraffe did to deserve the naughty stair is beyond me but she was being so serious and putting the giraffe in time out! It was really funny!

1 comment:

Stephanie Root said...

haha! emma claire cracks me up! that naughty giraffe...