Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A day in my life...

This is what my day is like... everyday.

12am to 6am -- wake up with Owen four or more times because of teething, bad dreams, wanting to sleep with us, ect.

7am to 7:30pm--

Break up fight over toy
feed breakfast
clean up breakfast
clean up a whole roll of toilet paper strewn all over house, crushed goldfish, spilled milk and juice. Tell them "Don't hit the dog", "Don't bite each other", "take turns", "don't draw on the walls" and so on and so on and so on. ALL. DAY. LONG. I also vacuum like 5 times every day. I can't be the only one! Right?

Just yesterday and today the highlights were:

Emma said "Don't talk to me like that, I am 18 years old", when I told her not to back talk. We are having a huge issue with not listening with her right now. She also told my Dad "My mom and dad are going to make a baby for 9 minutes" when he came over to drop off some patio furniture. Translation: When mommy and daddy have a baby it will be in mommy's tummy for 9 months. I told my dad that as quickly as possible and then changed the subject. Totally awkward!

Yesterday, I went to take my shower and when I got out Owen was in the hall/door to the bathroom with a steak knife in his hand standing over the dog. I freaked out and wondered where he could have gotten it but noticed he had unlatched the dishwasher and opened it. He loves silverware and apparently he likes knives too. Seriously, bad mom moment!

I was getting dressed after I put the knife away and came back out to find Owen covered in my MAC makeup. That really sucked!


But then I noticed Maverick a few minutes later... He was also colored a pretty shade!

I really do love my life but sometimes things are really annoying. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

SO true! A mom's job is not easy...espically with 6 cousins running around! We miss you guys already!
Jovie is asking for her cousins...so sad. :( Thanks again for letting us stay with you guys, we had a great great weekend with ya! :)

sarah jones said...

I feel your pain, but hilarious!

Steph said...

Ohmygoodnessgracious.....this was HILARIOUS to read. What a DAY you had. I may or may not have cried. And that comment Emma made to your Dad!! hahahaha I would have died! I'm glad I'm not the only one going nuts over here at my house at times. You're such a good Mom Annie, and every time I catch up on your blog-I just love to see how much happiness your kids radiate-relfecting on you of course.
Ava is in the awful, non-listening/sassy talk stage right now too by the way! Terrible 3's perhaps? Geesh. Good thing they're cute. :)