Happy belated Thanksgiving!! We had such a great weekend! I was worried about everyone being sick but other then Emma having an ear infection(that's right, now she has an ear infection from the cold they had!) and that I have a cough that won't go away, everyone is doing a lot better. We headed to my parents house on Thanksgiving for lots of appetizers, movies, football and of course the whole Thanksgiving feast. Everything tasted SO good. Owen wasn't too interested in much of the dinner except for the rolls, he loves bread. He tried turkey, mashed potatoes and yams. And the best part of Thanksgiving -- Owen finally said MAMA! YAY! It is just the most adorable thing you will ever hear! Now, he says it all the time and when I leave the room he will say "mama, mama" as though he is calling/looking for me. It is one of the best sounds in the world!! I took photos but haven't gotten them off my moms camera yet, so photos to follow!
Then on Friday, Mom, Kaly and me headed out at 4:45am for the Black Friday sales! We have done this for the last couple of years and always get some good deals! Our first stop is Toys R US. Man, there are tons of people there every year!! But, when we left all had our toy shopping done for the kids! All our stuff filled Kalys car trunk AND back seat!! So much fun! Then it was off to Target for more stuff and then breakfast with the whole family at Mimi's Cafe. They are really good to the kids there, they brought out fruit and cheerios when we sat down and brought Emmas Minnie Mouse pancakes as soon as they were ready. We had planned on getting our tree on Friday too but after getting home in the afternoon and having a rough night with Owen and then shopping at 5am we were so tired!
On Saturday we woke up to the first snow of the season. Just a few inches but really adds a lot to the whole Christmas Spirit!! We headed out to get our tree and some shatterproof decorations for the tree Saturday morning. Owen is into everything so I am sure the tree will be his first stop as soon as he hits the floor in the morning. I had recorded Polar Express when it was on TV on Friday and so we watched that while we decorated the house. Emma has since watched it more times then I can count. She loves it! It is hard to say no when she comes to me and says "Mommy, can I watch my special movie?" She is just so cute!
I LOVE this time of year! I love Christmas and all the holiday cheer it brings. We will be going to the Parade of Lights this Saturday. They have a parade through downtown Denver, in the evening, where all the floats are Christmas themed and made of lights. The last time we went it was FREEZING so hopefully this year it will be a little warmer!
Anyway, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and are having fun getting ready for Christmas. We are SO excited for Owens first Christmas!!
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
great pics! we miss the snow so much! the pic of emma with her one leg up is just too cute.
so cute!!!
Post a Comment