I can NOT wait for this election to get over with. I am so tired of all the campaigning, tv ads, news articles and so on. We are considered a battleground state so we have someone from the campaigns here every couple days. Today, McCain, Palin and Michelle Obama are having three different rallies here. Enough is enough. Part of the reason Craig and I are so invested in this election is because if Obama is elected, Craig may loose his job. Obama plan to cut defense spending by 25% in order to pay for his health care plan, tax cuts, more social programs and so on. I, for one, do not think defense spending is an area that should be cut. For our family, there is no greater issue then the threats our country faces every day. Why, when we are at war on two fronts, and the other numerous threats we face, would Obama cut defense spending? I just don't get it.
Anyway, Craig and I cast our ballots last week and both voted for McCain. We have hope that our country will do the right thing and not elect Obama but we just can't be sure. I will feel awful if Craig looses his job that we worked VERY hard for. He worked hard in the Marine Corps to make a reputation for himself and it will all be in vein if there is no government contract for him to work on.
Most everyone we know is voting McCain and we say thank you! And, if you vote for Obama and Craig looses his job, I hope you are prepared to let us all come and live with you :)
No comments:
Post a Comment