Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Blah...

Things have been so EXHAUSTING around here lately! Owen has been teething for over a month now. He is in the process of getting four, thats right FOUR, top teeth all at once and has not been a happy camper for a long time. Two weeks ago he started having a stuffy nose that I was attributing to the teething but when he started getting bloody noses, we went to the Dr. She said everything is fine. With the change in the weather some people get bloody noses because the air is dry. Craig is the same way so I guess Owen is following in his footsteps.

Then this past weekend both kids developed a nasty cough. So, Craig is working overtime this week, I haven't had more then an hour of uninterrupted sleep at night in a month and I seriously need a break. Luckily, the Dr called in a prescription for Owen to help with the runny nose and cough, and we got that yesterday. Hopefully that will lead to more rest at night. Poor baby can't sleep because he is either too congested to breath or coughing and it wakes him up. One night he would wake up after 10 minutes. I would work to get him back to sleep, lay down in bed with him and then 10 minutes later he would wake up and cry and we would start all over again. This went on for most of the night. It sucked!

My darling husband realized that I am about as frazzled as I have ever been and went to work this morning at 3AM so he could come home early to help with the kids. 3AM! He will work 11 hours and come home at 2pm. That is one AMAZING husband and father. I love you Babe! Thank you for taking such good care of us!

On a couple of much happier notes -- Emma's stuttering has gone COMPLETELY away! YAY! We are very happy about that! She seems like she is back to her old self again. She is not nearly as frustrated as she was and is much happier. Our little baby, Owen, is now cruising the furniture!! He will pull himself up on something, walk along it and then lunge for another piece of furniture and walk along it. Emma didn't really do this until 9 months, so at 7 months, he is far ahead of her. I wonder if this means he will walk really early? Emma only cruised the furniture for about a month before she walked at 10 months. Could he really walk at 8 months old? Please, no! I am not ready for that yet!

Anyway, hope everyone is having a better week then me!

2 comments:

Jason said...

The planets must be aligning against us, Annie. I blogged about similar issues we've been having yesterday.

Sick kids or kids in pain surely affects more than just the kid.

I miss sleep. *YAWN*

Unknown said...

Craig you are such a good hubby! I can't believe you went to work at 3am so you could home earlier to help out! I am sorry you guys have had a few bad weeks now. So good to hear that Emma is doing better! :O) That is awesome! Well I hope you guys have a better week! Love and miss you!