This has been on our minds a lot lately since Owen is about to outgrow his infant car seat... We, obviously, want our children to be the absolutely safest they can be while in the car. On our recent trip to Utah, we came VERY close to getting in a serious accident and it made our decision all the more crucial. We need a really safe seat!
Emma has one of the best seats on the market currently and will be able to ride in that seat until she is 65lbs, which for her is MANY years away :)
So, we decided to get Owen the same seat Emma has. They are really pricey but you can't put a price on their safety, ya know. As luck would have it, I heard that the Exchange (military department store) was having a great sale on Britax seats (the one we want), so when I went to check it out, I was able to get Owens new car seat for $120 OFF and no tax or shipping charges! WOO HOO!
Here is the reason that having a good car seat for kids is so important. Today, someone sent me this link. This is the EXACT reason my children will stay in their 5-point harness until they no longer need car seats. Luckily, our new car has LATCH and top tether anchors, so Emma and Owen are as safe as possible. I don't ever want to be where these parents are...
Get the tissues ready :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azgBhZfcqaQ
Hope everyone is having a great end of summer!
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That video!! That was a tear jerker! It is so true thought. Good info Annie! Keeping our kids safe should be the #1 priority to all parents. Thanks for the very important reminder. I am going to go tether Jovie's carseat right now! I didn't even know about tethering until now so THANK YOU! :)
Post a Comment