Monday, September 22, 2008

1/2 Birthday Party!

Our baby boy Owen will turn 6 months old this Friday! I can't believe it. Time has been going by so fast... I want it to slow down!

There was a time when I wasn't sure Owen would make it to 6 months old. Since he absolutely perfect now, we want to celebrate everyday he is with us. So, I decided to throw him a 1/2 Birthday Party! :)

We did everything in half... We cut the hamburgers, hot dogs and corn-on-the-cob in half. We had half a table cloth and put 1/2 on the birthday banner. I was going to do half a cake but the cake was too moist and it completely fell apart. I "glued" it back together with frosting but it was definitely NOT pretty! So, I made the whole thing and just slapped some blue frosting on it. It had the most amazing cream cheese frosting on it, so it was worth the ugliness! We did have a whole candle on the cake but we only sang half of Happy Birthday. Emma got to blow out the candle and then proceeded to eat her cake by dipping the candle in it and licking it off! She is really cute!

It was really fun!


I let him try the frosting...

I think he liked it!

Emma wanted to try it too...

As far as a regular update... Things are good but the same. Our referral to the Neurologist was messed up by the Pediatricians office so we are still waiting. As the days go on, I believe more and more that her stuttering is a subconscious way to get attention. When I am really on my game and can give both the kids the attention they deserve, she hardly stutters at all. But, then we were all sick last week and I was really not feeling good... I didn't have much patience and she had a really bad day and couldn't complete very many sentences.

I feel like I have somehow failed... that she needs to act out to get attention but I try not to dwell on it. I do my very best to go the extra mile with both of the kids but now really do the best I can with Emma. It is always in the back of my mind and it is hard when I want to plop her in front of her favorite movie so I can have a second to myself. I honestly believe this is only temporary and it will pass with time. We will get through it :)

Our beautiful baby girl... She is gorgeous, isn't she?

3 comments:

sarah jones said...

Annie, that is so cute. What a cute mom you are! I wish I could of been there. it sounds like you guys had a fun time. Those hot dogs looked yummy. I guess I am hungry right now. I am glad things are going good, at least as good as they can be. Love ya, Sarah

Unknown said...

What a fun theme! I love the 1/2 birthday. Too cute! It looks like you guys had a blast. Good pics, as always. I love the last photo of Emma, that is great one! You have not failed. You are a wonderful Mom. Being a Mom is SO hard. Being a Mom never ends there are always things that need to get done. The sacrifices that we make as Moms will all be worth it in the end. I couldn't agree with you more...this too shall pass. You are going great so hang in there! We love and miss you guys so much!

Stephanie Root said...

1/2 birthday...too cute! looks like you guys had fun...wish we could've been there!!
love
steph