Last night when I was putting Owen down, I was sitting in the rocker singing him the lullaby we always sing for him. She came in to show me her coloring page and saw that I was putting him to sleep so she came over so quietly and put her hand on the arm of the chair and sang to him with me. I got teary just seeing how sweet and loving she was! I didn't know she knew the words to Owen's song but apparently she does. She picks out which songs we sing to her at night and sings them with us so I know she knows her songs, but not his. She is just the most darling little girl. After a minute or so, she left and I heard her go all the way down to the family room (if you have ever been in our house you know how many stairs there are from our master bedroom!) and get her Ozzy. She came back up and was patting Ozzy like I was patting Owen and she sang him the same songs I was singing. Just too cute!
Here are some videos from yesterday... Emma singing and "reading" a book. Owens favorite pastime, jumping in his Jumperoo! We had a lot of fun yesterday despite the fact that I have a tooth problem and it has caused the whole side of my face to swell up... not so fun! The dentist put me on antibiotics yesterday, so hopefully the swelling will go down soon. It doesn't hurt so, that is a good thing! I just hope I don't have to walk around looking like Frankenstein for much longer :(
Emma reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? Yes, I know the book is in spanish! She can "read" most of it in spanish too!

3 comments:
Too funny! I love when Emma says children she says it so cute! Owen loves that jumperoo. He is so strong to jump that high! Your kids are just too funny!! Emma clapping for Sarah Palin! ha ha!
Annie, I just love your blog. It is great to be updated on you, Craig and the kids. It makes me want to do more, so you guys can know what is going on. I need to learn how to put the pictures on by myself. I loved the story about how sweet Emma is to Owen. It made me think of Collin and Cecilia when Collin was first born. Well, I am so glad you guys are doing good. I hope your tooth feels better tough. Sounds painful. Love, Sarah
i second that, sarah! thanks for posting up the videos. owen looks like he's really lovin' life! what a cute personality!! and what a sweet big sister emma is!
Post a Comment