Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Random thoughts! :)

Man, I LOVE Colorado! When I left to go shopping today (for our camping trip this weekend, YAY!) it was 90 degrees outside. When we got home at 6:30pm it was 65 degrees, cloudy and lightly sprinkling! In AUGUST! We had been having a streak of all 90 degree weather and it was news worthy because we only have 30 days in the 90's all summer usually! I hate hot weather so the last two weeks were not fun, but usually the weather is great! 65 degrees in August, Woo Hoo!

In other news, Owen is about to CRAWL! At four months old! Emma was crawling at 6 months old and I thought that was early but I guess Owen wants to beat her record. I put him down for tummy time today and this is what he was doing. Warning-- the video is a little hectic! :) but that is what life is like with a two year old!


When Emma was attempting to get on her hands and knees like this, she was crawling with in one week! I am in for it with Owen! His two bottom teeth still haven't broken the gums yet... they are still swollen, black and blue and the tops where the top of the teeth will eventually break through are all white. He has been in a bad mood for a few days so I am *hoping* that they will break soon. The pain should go away when they break the gums!

We have every weekend booked for the next SEVERAL weeks... we are going camping this weekend. Mom and Dad got a gorgeous new fifth wheel, so we are heading back to the lake. Next weekend we are headed to Utah for a much needed visit with Sarah and Chloe! We can't wait to get all the kids together!! Then the following weekend we are going to a Northrop Grumman employee appreciation Rockies (baseball) game. The whole fam is going so it should be really fun! Then there is the Taste of Colorado fair downtown that we have gone to every year that we have been here. Then it is Family Day at Craig's work, where we get to go into "the building" and see some of what he does for a living! I am excited since there isn't much he can tell me about what he does. This will at least show me where he works and what it looks liek on the inside! Whew! We are going to be busy for the rest of the summer!

Hope everyone is having a great summer so far! Congratulations to Jere for getting promoted to CAPTAIN this month! We are so so proud of you Jere!! Hope we get to see you guys again soon!

1 comment:

Stephanie Root said...

little owen trying sooo hard! emma cracks us up! "i crawl too!! i crawl too!!"
love you guys!! have fun on the camping trip!
xoxo
jere and steph