Thursday, May 27, 2010

Summer Baby...

So, I thought that having a baby over the summer would be great. You don't have to worry about the baby being cold and most importantly you don't have to deal with RSV, which almost killed Owen. There are tons of cute maternity clothes for summer too!

I WAS SO WRONG! It was only 87 degrees today and I thought I was going to die of heat stroke! Seriously, it was hard to do anything! It took everything in me not to melt on the floor or take a really long nap!

I am not a fan of really hot weather so Denver is great for us because we have very few days near the 100 degree mark and we get lots of thunderstorms in the afternoons to cool things down. Not today. We broke the record high today. Blah!

We couldn't play outside since it was so hot, so we laid out the picnic blanket in the living room and had popsicles! The kids loved it! When Craig got home he blew up this years outdoor kiddie pool and the kids had so much fun! I was *really* tempted to get in with them!

I think tomorrow I may have to turn on the air conditioner for the first time this year. It is supposed to be 90 degrees tomorrow! Good news is the weekend and Memorial Day is back in the 70's and perfect!!

1 comment:

Shugee @ Blue Heron Cottage said...

I hear ya. You know how I don't like the heat either. Also, when you're pregnant isn't there like 20% more increased blood flow and then the baby keeping you warm...

love you.