Monday, May 24, 2010

And... we're back!

So, I really didn't feel like blogging anymore. It just wasn't as fun as it used to be and so I needed a break. Lately, Craig has been asking if I am going to start again since the new baby is coming and it is a good idea to use a blog as a record keeping tool. So, here I am again. Hopefully I will get back into it like I did before! Here is a brief rundown of the last few months:

On New Years Day we found out we are having baby number 3!! It was a lot easier this time to get pregnant so that was a relief. I actually took a medication called Letrozole which is a breast cancer medication that has an unintended side effect of boosting fertility in women who have PCOS. It was a lot better then having Craig give me shots everyday!

It is weird that with all these warning labels, a medication can help you get pregnant!!


This pregnancy has been so different then the others. I had morning sickness for the first three months and that was really hard! I never threw up but I was always nauseated. It really sucked! Things are going better now, I am just really tired all the time. With the others I felt really good during the second and third trimesters but this time I can't seem to find that magical second trimester *high*. Bummer!

We took Emma to Disneyland for her 4th birthday! It was a fun trip to CA to see my brother Jeremy and then to Disney and the beach. It was a great time to take her too. I know a lot of people say that you should wait until they can remember going to Disneyland but then a lot of the *magic* is gone. Emma believes that she met the actual Disney princesses and that all the other characters are real too. When they are older they know that they are just representation of what they see on tv and movies. The kids did great and we had a great time. It wasn't all that fun for me since I couldn't go on any of the adult rides and had morning sickness the whole trip, but it was worth it to see the kids have so much fun!














The kids loved flying and really loved having their own backpacks with stuff for them to do!

There were obviously tons more pictures but there are too many to pick from.

Emma's four year old stats:
Height - 39 inches
Weight - 34.6 pounds
BMI - 15

She checks out just perfect all around! She is around the 10-20th percentile in height and weight just as she has been since she started walking.

We headed to Utah in February to meet the new baby in the family -- Eleanor Jane Mooso! What a cutie she is! She looks exactly like Chloe! Emma was so excited to see all her cousins but she was most excited about seeing and holding a new baby girl! She did pretty good too.






After that Owen turned two!! I can not believe how fast time is flying by! Owen is in love with the movie Ice Age 3 Dawn of the Dinosaurs, so we naturally had a Ice Age party for him!









Owens two year old stats:
Height 35 1/2 inches -- 75%
Weight: 31.4lbs -- 85%
I can't remember if they did a head circumference but if they did it would still be greater then the 95%. Kids got a HUGE head!

He is slightly delayed in speech but is advanced in his motor development. Just a typical boy! He is doing great and I am not concerned at all. He has started to really talk a lot more in the last few weeks too.

On April 23rd we went for our big anatomy ultrasound and found out that we are having a GIRL! I had a feeling all along but am relieved that I was right! Emma has been wanting a baby sister for so long that I am glad we could get what she wanted. When the ultrasound tech said it was a girl, I looked over at Emma and said "did you hear that? Its a girl!" and she said "I told you so!" It was pretty cute!

It was nice to have some other memories associated with April 23rd rather then the ones we have had for the past two years. It was two years ago on that day that we almost lost Owen. It is amazing to look back and think that he was only four weeks old when he stopped breathing. So little! He is an amazing, cuddly, funny little boy and we are so thankful that everything turned out so well.




April 23, 2008 -- two days shy of one month old



March 25, 2010 -- the day before turning two years old!!

Thrown in the past few months have been lots of gymnastics, parks, family night at Little Monkey Bizness, the zoo and Children's Museum. Way too many things to go into in one post! :)

We have a few camping trips scheduled for this summer and a trip to Utah to see Eclipse! It should be a lot of fun!!! Hopefully somewhere in there we can get together all the things the baby will need when she gets here. We haven't done anything for her yet at all! My c-section is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, September 9th! Only 14 more weeks to go!

Much more blogging to come!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That medicine is a miracle worker! It is kinda crazy that all the labels and all help you get pregnant! Good thing! :O)
Great post, and the kids looked like they were just beaming at Disneyland! Can't wait to see you all in just a few weeks!
CRAZY you only have 14 weeks left! Can't wait to meet her!

Shugee @ Blue Heron Cottage said...

Love, love, love this post, lovey.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I'll check it everyday in the morning when I check my email.

I know it's not for me this blog, but sometimes I miss you all so much it's like a tree I sit under and read and camp out here.

Steph said...

You're baaaack!! Yay! It was so fun to catch up on your cute family. Happy to hear you're having another giiiiiirl! :) I'll check back now that I know you're back at blogging!