
I am definitely not in love with the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor that I have seen twice now to go over the ultrasound results! Our hospital has the MFM docs rotate through the ultrasound clinic so that there is always someone there who can go over the result immediately. It is pretty nice! The first time I saw this doctor I was at 14 weeks and I was by myself. He came in to go over the results and scared me to death! He started talking about my scarring and how "if I am able to" carry the baby to 25 or 26 weeks, we have a couple of different delivery options and how the baby will be in the NICU and all kinds of things that a pregnant girl doesn't want to hear! I left in tears. It sucked.
We saw a different doc at my anatomy ultrasound and she was great. We went over everything again and she told us that the baby was too active to get a good picture of her heart and spine, so we would need to come back in. I have always been told that if you want to know the gender at the ultrasound to drink something sugary before you go in to make sure the baby is awake and moving around. Apparently, I followed that a little too well this time!
We went again yesterday and everything is still going great! They got great images of the heart and spine, measured her again and she is perfect! Then the same MFM doc came in to go over the results that I had at my 14 week ultrasound. He is a really nice guy but man does he say some really dumb things! He told us how everything was perfect, that my body was holding up really well and there isn't any reason to worry about pre-term delivery at this point. I was really relieved since that something he aid we would have to worry about before. I asked if I was past the point of viability (if the baby came today, she would have a good chance of survival) and he said yes, "BUT it would be better to have a miscarriage then deliver a baby at 24 weeks". Um, that is not something someone in my position wants to hear! I understand that his job is to deal with the worst of the worst when it comes to moms and babies, but come on. He followed that up quickly with "So stay pregnant for a while longer!"
A little while later I asked Craig what he thought of the miscarriage comment and he laughed and said "I was hoping you didn't catch that he said that". Ha Ha!
Now, just to find a name for this little one. She may not have a name before she is born if keep this going!
2 comments:
Okay, first, she's beautiful already. And second, we are going to pray she stays in there safe and sound. Just know love, our thoughts are with you everyday and that we love you.
And some doctors just don't have good bedside manners. Kind of like house, sometimes it's the brillant ones. I think they put their energies in medicine and their social skills are lacking.:}
Arrggggg!! That doctor makes me angry! I am sorry he had you leave in tears. :(
I love profile of your little girl is so sweet! We can't wait to meet her!
Oh and as you know...
Eleanor wasn't named until she was born! ha! The important thing is...as long as she has a name! :O)
Post a Comment