Well, I haven't been as into blogging as I once was! Haha! But, I am trying.
Things have been pretty busy around here lately. We are trying to get ready for the baby to arrive and the whole "nesting" thing has gone a little overboard. There isn't a closet, drawer or piece of clothing that we haven't gone through and purged. It feels nice to a certain extent but also came to a head this weekend when Emma started crying and said "You guys have been cleaning allllll day, when are you going to play with me?" Kinda sad!
Then we decided this past Sunday was a good day to remodel the bathroom. Probably should have done that a lot earlier or after the baby. It is stressing me out to not have it "done" and have everything put away.
These past few weeks have been much of the same -- cleaning, lots of doctors appointments (every week) and just regular life.
Emma and Owen went to the dentist for the first time! I know they say that you should take them at 3 but Emma has a weird thing about people touching her neck and I didn't want the dentist to become something negative. I knew her teeth were perfect so I wasn't worried about waiting an extra year. Emma is great about letting us brush her teeth and always has been. Owen on the other hand has been a challenge. He went through a phase where he HATED having his teeth brushed. I decided to call when I noticed a really small dark spot (the size of a pin head) on one of his molars.
They both did well at the dentist but after a while Owen became agitated and cried a lot. He cried all through the exam (they do the cleaning first before the kids get upset :)) and x-rays. He only has that one spot and they decided since it was so small and he was so upset to wait at least 6 months to fill it to not give him a negative association with the dentist. We will see how he does in 6 months! Emma's teeth are crowded like mine but are perfect. They use this weird light machine to test the depth and strength of the enamel on her teeth and found a spot in the very back of her last molar that is "weak" and may turn into a cavity but right now it is not. So, now after we brush their teeth we add a concentrated fluoride topical to their teeth (basically I brush them twice at night, fun for me!) that should prevent any cavities in the future.
Lots of pictures to come!
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment