Halloween was fun! We went to the pumpkin patch with the family. Emma got her face painted again and she always picks the exact same butterfly. We did the petting zoo, pony rides, regular rides, picked out pumpkins and took a little train ride. It was fun! For Halloween Emma was supposed to be sleeping beauty but at the last minute decided she wanted to be a pink fairy. I ran out on Thursday night and got the stuff to throw together a pink fairy costume. It turned out pretty cute! Owen was sick but we still took him and Emma to a festival and trick or treating during the day at a local outdoor mall and they handed out candy to the trick or treaters that night. They thought it was so fun to go to the door and put candy in the kids baskets.



Emma and Owen were playing on the couch one day when Emma fell backwards and hit her head on the arm of the couch. I picked her up and held her while trying to find the knot on her head but when I pulled my hand away it was covered in blood. Not fun. I cleaned her up and realized it is a pretty big split and at one point on the wound you could see through her scalp. Yuck! I called the pediatrician and we went in an hour later. She wound up getting 5 staples put in. They had to cleanse the area with freezing cold saline and that was the worst part, she kept saying that she didn't "want a bath". They put the staples in without anesthesia too! I took her to get the staples out by myself and it was huge mistake. One of the staples got stuck and we couldn't get it out so they had to bring in another doctor and some wire cutters. I had to hold her in my lap and hold her head with my hands. She was hysterical saying that I was hurting her and she wanted them to stop. She kept begging me to stop... it was awful. I just sat there and held her down and cried with her. Makes me teary just thinking about it.We went to the Marine Corps Ball and had a great time! It was at the amazing Brown Palace Hotel... just beautiful! http://www.brownpalace.com/
We had a quite Thanksgiving at my parents. On Thanksgiving morning I tried to save Owen from falling off the bed and pulled a muscle in my neck. It hurt so bad the whole day. I tried to lay down that night and couldn't sleep because it was just too painful so I was up all night. Not fun at all. It made it easy to get up for Black Friday though! Kaly and I got to Target at 4:30 am and got some great deals, as well as at Kohls and Gymboree. I SAVED $300 in total on Black Friday! I love Black Friday!
The day after Thanksgiving we got our tree and put up our Christmas decorations. The kids LOVE the tree and help Craig water it every night. Emma usually reminds him that the tree needs water. It is really cute. Owen has been really good with it and doesn't play with any of the ornaments or anything. Last year we bought a bunch of shatter-proof ornaments but it doesn't really seem necessary since he just looks at it but doesn't touch.
We went downtown and had dinner at Bubba Gumps and then to the annual Parade of Lights. Emma LOVED the marching bands. She thought they were the best. Owen slept through the whole thing! We also went to the Parade of Lights in Longmont (where my parents live) and had a good time too. Owen just wanted to stomp in this little patch of snow/ice the whole time and didn't loot at the parade at all!
Craig and I celebrated our 30th birthdays this month! I still can't believe it. I had a hard time the day before my birthday as I kept counting down the final hours of my 20's. It sucked. I had a hard time letting go of the fact that I was no longer going to be a 20-something. BUT, I do know that my 30's will make my 20's look like they were really not that great. I just *know* that these next few years are going to be the best yet! We had a long week of celebrations of family dinner at the Outback, date night at the Melting Pot, Club level seats for the Denver Broncos game and then family dinner at the Olive Garden. Whew! The game was AWESOME! We had such a great time and Craig was in heaven! We decided that we wanted to get season tickets to the Broncos so we put our names on the waiting list.... we are number 32,000. They said it will take around 10 years to get our names called. Crazy! Denver LOVES our Broncos!
I will do a separate post for Christmas but it was so great! We planned on staying at my parents just the night of Christmas Eve and then going home Christmas night after dinner but we wound up staying for 3 days! Love it!
Mmmm..... Melting Pot!
Hope everyone has a happy and healthy New Year! We are so excited for what the new year will bring!!










1 comment:
Yeah a new post! I have missed reading the updates and seeing all the cute pics you take! Love the last two photos of you and the Craig-sters! You look gorg Annie! LOVE love love you all!
Post a Comment